Nettleton Concrete, Inc. is committed to giving the architect community the knowledge and information they need about Concrete products to make informed decisions about their projects. We are strong believers in the value of education and knowledge sharing, and have developed several avenues for architects to access this information while earning credit in the "Health, Safety and Human
The Manufacturing of Concrete
This course is registered with AIA CES for continuing professional education. It is HSW certified.
- Identify the materials used in production of concrete masonry unit (CMU) and the properties that make them suitable for use in production.
- Describe how block molds are assembled and used for various shapes and sizes.
- Gain an understanding of how the materials are mixed and transported, the curing process, and packaging options.
- Provide an overview of CMU specifications and the different test criteria that are involved.
- Present some of the aesthetic options available and the special production considerations.
An overview of the production of concrete masonry units (CMU) including the selection of raw materials, creating an acceptable mix, ASTM specifications, forming and curing, packaging, and aesthetic options.